Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Squirrel!

There is a leaf pile nestled between the branches in one of our trees that the squirrels occasionally use for shelter. I think they move from nest to nest, so they aren't always there, but lately I have seen an adult and a smaller squirrel go in and out of the nest. I don't really like it when the squirrels visit our yard. They eat all the seed and peanuts I leave out for the birds, and they drive the dog crazy. They've been entertaining this week, though.

I tried putting my camera in the birdfeeder and placing a tempting pile of peanuts right in front of the camera to see if I could get a close shot of one of the furry thieves. The birds don't seem to mind the camera, but the squirrels can't figure it out. They have no problem plopping right down in the middle of the feeder to eat when the camera's not there, but when it is, they are a bit jumpy. I think it's funny watching them try to figure it out.

 

 

Taking a break to rethink the peanut situation.

No comments: