Thursday, May 29, 2014

Made It!

We made it through another year of school! I have to say that this was probably the best year yet for both kids. They will both be heading to new buildings next year. Tyler will be moving into the Jr. High (with me!) and Danielle will be moving into middle school. I think they were both a little sad about being done. That is saying quite a bit for Tyler!

At Danielle's school they have a "clap out" for the 4th graders. All the kids and students line the hall and clap for the 4th graders as they walk the halls one last time. Danielle enjoyed getting one last hug from all her previous teachers. The clap out continued outside past all the parents, and then the kids were released. It's a nice tradition. (It was wacky hair day. Danielle's wackiness consisted of putting a single braid in her hair. She didn't want to detract from the dress.)


After school we had our traditional end of school water balloon fight. We missed it last year because of my job, but I had things under control a little better this year and managed to pull it off. Well, actually, I couldn't have done it this year without Ron. I stayed up late last night and filled 110 water balloons. Ron was going to finish another 50 for me today. When Ron went to fill the final 50, he found that all but 13 balloons had popped!! So, he hurriedly filled 150 balloons while I finished up at work. The kids didn't think we were going to do water balloons, so they were excited when they walked in the door and found this.

We had a lot of fun attacking each other. I have a few observations this year: The kids are now old enough to understand that working together to reach a common goal can be very successful, especially when that common goal is to soak Mom. Tyler throws a lot harder than he used to. Danielle plays too much softball. She attempted to catch almost every balloon so she could throw it back at me or Tyler. She was pretty successful at it, too! We had a really good time. We finished off our celebration with dinner out at our favorite Mexican place and a movie at home. I'm looking forward to a great summer with Tyler & Danielle!!






 
 

No comments: