Thursday, May 15, 2014

Softball Past

While looking for another picture at some point during the past two weeks, I ran across a couple pictures of Danielle playing softball when she was younger. I love these 2 pictures.


During softball practice tonight I talked to a mom of a sophomore who was telling me all about how to market your child to colleges and that you have to start thinking seriously about it when they are around 13. By the time they are freshmen or sophomores, they should be playing in tournaments marketed to college recruiters so they can start getting & making commitments. This mom was so serious about giving us advice (unsolicited advice, I might add). I watched her daughter crank the ball out a few times and she could really hit; however, she was mad at her dad for making her practice because she had just finished playing in a game and had a school project to work on. She did not look happy. It might have just been a bad night, but I couldn't help think of these happy, smiling pictures of Danielle doing something that makes her happy. I would love for our children to get scholarships and not have to worry about paying for college, but not at any cost. I just want them to do what they enjoy while they are young enough to get away with it. As long as she keeps smiling, we'll spend our summers on the softball fields.

No comments: