Saturday, December 08, 2012

The Nutcracker

We went to see The Nutcracker last night. I had never seen it. In fact, I'd never been to a ballet before last night. Despite what Ron may say, he was looking forward to going. Tyler was, too, until about an hour before we left and he realized that they "don't talk" in a ballet.


The lighting is bad, but here is a rare picture of the 4 of us.

We went to dinner first and then to the show. We had a nice time. I really enjoyed it and thought it was beautiful. The costumes were so sparkly and pretty, and the performers & orchestra were so talented. I think that was enough ballet to last me for awhile, though. I agree that the shows "where they talk" are a little more our speed. Tyler admitted that it was better than he expected, but now he knows he really doesn't like ballet. Danielle & Ron enjoyed the show, too. It was a nice evening out.

Snacks during intermission

Souvenirs. The nutcrackers are signed by the performers. Danielle's is signed by the man who played the Chinese doll, but we can't figure out Tyler's.



2 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Tyler is so tall! Great picture :)

Aunt Joyce said...

Beautiful picture of your family - especially my beautiful niece, LORI!