Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Day Highlights

We had a very nice Christmas!

We celebrated Christmas a little early with Ron's parents. It was nice to have time together before the rush of Christmas week.

We visited with my Dad and family on Christmas Eve eve. I enjoyed sitting around the table and talking after dinner while the kids watched a movie in the other room. We didn't talk about anything important, but it was nice to just be together.

My Mom, stepdad, & brother joined us for Christmas Eve service the next day. After church we went to dinner and then back to our house to exchange gifts and enjoy my brother's belated birthday cake. We had a nice time together, too.

Christmas day was a good day. The thrill of opening presents was over too soon, but we enjoyed lounging around in our pjs all day, playing with our new toys, and hanging out together. Considering recent events, it was on my mind several times over the course of the day that not every parent got to share the joy of Christmas with their child. I know it sounds cliche, but I'll say it anyway - I am so grateful for God's blessings on our lives. More than anything this Christmas, I'm grateful that I got to wake up to the excited whispering of an 11 year old and a 9 year old outside our bedroom door on Christmas morning, and I got to tuck them back in bed again that evening. Those are the gifts I am most thankful for this Christmas.

Here are some pictures from our Christmas morning.

Christmas Eve


Clara couldn't wait to open her presents. She was a good dog this year.



He got the video game he wanted.

And she got the AG doll she wanted.

We got the kids Samsung Galaxy 2 tablets. Definitely the favorite gifts this year.

The aftermath. The house stayed this way for another 3 days. Actually, the kids did, too. :)

I really enjoyed the time Danielle & I spent baking with her Easy Bake Oven.

Cupcakes!

Making pretzels!

I think out of everything about Christmas, Danielle was most excited about giving me her gift. She bought me this nesting box. It hangs on the window and is clear so you can see what's going on inside. She knew I wanted it and it was important to her to get it for me. I like the box, but I really love how much it meant to Danielle to make me happy. I hung it on our bedroom window since it's up high and our room is pretty quiet. Hopefully we'll have tenants this spring.

No comments: