Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Replenishing Our Summer Fun Fund

This past weekend we had our annual garage sale to raise money for our summer adventures. I have to admit it isn't nearly as important this year since I will get paychecks all summer long! It's still a good way to empty the closets, though, so we put the effort into getting everything ready. This year I coordinated a neighborhood garage sale. I did this 2 years ago, too, but I think the response was much better this year. There were lots of houses participating- maybe 15? We pooled our money and advertised, which I think really helped.

We didn't have any big ticket items, but we did well. When everything is between 50 cents and $1, you don't expect to get rich! The kids did really well this year! They sold brownies, lemonade, and balloon animals (and coffee). They didn't sell many balloon animals, but they made $40. I think that's the best they've ever done. They have something special they're saving their money for, but you'll have to wait a few weeks to find out more about that.

No comments: