Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Birthday Prep

Tonight I made 4 dozen cupcakes for Tyler to take into school tomorrow. There are 28 people in his class, including his teacher. Since I had to use 2 boxes to have enough for the whole class, he's going to take some in to his Enrichment class on Thursday, too.



I decided to make tie-dye cupcakes because I thought they would look nice without being too labor intensive. Wrong! It took forever to layer all the batter. They turned out nice, though. The kids added the food coloring to the batter until it got to a shade they liked. I should have watched a little closer. I answered the phone while they were mixing the colors for the first box of cake mix. By the time I hung up, they had emptied all the food coloring bottles! I had to make a trip to the store before starting on the second batch. I supervised the tinting a little closer the 2nd time!




The pictures are terrible. I was too lazy to pull out my good camera or worry about the lighting. (And, as you can see, I could really use a new cupcake pan for Christmas!) The cupcakes turned out nice, though. Tyler is excited about taking them in.




1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Those look great!