Saturday, July 23, 2011

Uneventful Update

I have thought about blogging several times this week, I just haven't had anything to blog about! It has been extremely hot this week. With the heat index, the temps have been over 100* every day. It's just too hot to do anything outside, so we really haven't done much of anything worth writing about.


On Monday Mamaw took us to see Mr. Popper's Penguins. It's nothing like the book, but it's a very cute movie. (The book was really cute, too.) We didn't leave the house during the day on Tuesday or Wednesday. That's extremely rare for us. I actually managed to get my house clean, but it didn't last long. On Thursday we went to Donatos for lunch. The kids redeemed their summer reading program coupons for free pizzas, so lunch cost <$1.50 for their drinks. We saw Rio at the $1 theater. Although the movie has been playing there for several weeks, everyone else must have had the same idea. The theater was packed. That movie was really cute, too. I have to confess that I brought snacks from home. I did buy a pop for the 3 of us to share. It was the most expensive part of our day - $4.25 for 1 pop!! Believe me, if I could have smuggled that in in my pockets, I would have! After the movie we used some coupons we had to get free ice cream sandwiches at the ice cream stand in town. I got groceries on Friday. See how exciting our week has been?!



The kids attended VBS at Mamaw's church in the evenings this week. They really enjoyed it. Our church is charging $25 PER KID for VBS this year, so we've ruled that one out. They have gone with Mamaw the last 2 years and loved it, so we were going to go there anyway. By the time VBS was over and we got home each night, it was pretty late, so there was a lot of sleeping in this week, too. The VBS theme was Pandamania. That seems to be one of the popular themes this year. It looks like it was vaguely based off Kung Fu Panda's popularity. Although the mask is cute, I think Danielle looks kind of creepy with a panda face. And I wish someone would outlaw kazoos as VBS crafts or birthday party prizes. (Sorry, Mamaw. ;) The pandas on them were cute, though.)



This coming week we plan to go to the library, go swimming, possibly fit in an ice skating trip with one of Tyler's friends, and get ready for vacation. It would be nice if the heat would let up just a little. The kids are dying to ride their new bikes, and the near-by fishing pond was recently restocked. There's still so much to do before summer is over.

1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

Finding something to write about is feast or famine here too.