Friday, June 03, 2011

Welcome Summer Break!!!

Today was our first day of summer break. Finally! I now have a 2nd grader and a 4th grader. :( We didn't do much to kick off our break. We had our annual last-day-of-school water balloon fight yesterday. I couldn't take any pictures of that because I seemed to be the main target. Between the kids, they had a little over 80 water balloons. I had 20. That doesn't seem fair, does it? We had a lot of fun! Things got rather quiet after that because both kids were feeling ill. They were better today but still not 100%.



Danielle had a dentist appointment to have a baby tooth pulled today, too. Doesn't that sound like a mean thing to make your kid do on her first day of summer break?! After her dentist appointment we stopped at the local greehouse so the kids could pick out some flowers. They each planted a flower box to care for this summer. I would love to plant some flowers around our patio this year, but we have some warranty work that needs to be done and I think that will include digging up part of our beds.



Tomorrow is our annual summer fun garage sale. I have been dragging my feet this year, so we are having it a couple weeks later than usual. Hopefully we'll have a good turn out. There are lots of things I'd like to do this summer.


One of the banks in town handed out Class of 2022 tshirts to all the 1st graders (who are now 2nd graders). 2022. Doesn't that make you feel old?!























Our robins have all left the nest. 2 of them were gone this morning. The third was gone by sunset tonight. The empty nest is a little sad looking. It was fun watching them grow up, and I'm thankful our neighborhood hawk and wandering kitties didn't discover them. I didn't see any of them fly, but this guy was stretching & flapping his wings a lot yesterday.

1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Nice looking garden boxes! And happy summer!!