Thursday, June 16, 2011

"Knotty" Camper

Here is Tyler before Cub Scout camp yesterday morning. You can see his "necklace" with the leather shield he made and the arrowhead and bearclaw he earned for accuracy in archery and bbs. What you can't see are all the bandaids on his legs or the ticks in his hair. (Actually, it was morning so there weren't any ticks in his hair yet.) Unfortunately he wasn't feeling well today and called me to pick him up about 45 mintues after I dropped him off. He seems better tonight, though, so he should be ok to go for the final day tomorrow. I am pleasantly surprised at what a good experience this has been for him. I'm certain we will consider CS camp again next year.





Danielle came home from Grandma & Grandpa's today. It sounds like the 3 of them had a wonderful time. I'm sure this is a week she will remember for a very, very long time. She brought home a stuffed snake from their trip to the zoo. Tyler used it to show her one of the things they worked on at camp this week - knot tying. I think I was more amused than Danielle was.

No comments: