Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer Fun for Scouts Only



Yesterday evening Danielle's GS troop had a summer get-together. It was a 4 hour event on a weekend night in the summer...and it was not a family event. See why I'm not crazy about that organization?! (One family didn't see that the scout could only bring 1 guest and actually came together. The dad and older daughter quietly slipped away when they realized they weren't invited.)

Anyway, Danielle really wanted to go but I didn't have anyone to watch Tyler. Not wanting to be "that mom" again, ahead of time I talked to the mom who was hosting the event and she told me I could bring Tyler to hang out with her older daughter. She is in Enrichment with Tyler and the two get along pretty well. As it turned out, I'm pretty sure Tyler had a better evening than Danielle did, and Danielle had a really good time.


The girls played games, ate dinner, played together, and sang songs around the campfire. They did not make the promised s'mores, so that was a bit of a tease. I enjoyed watching the kids play, though, and would say the evening went pretty well overall.

No comments: