Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Planting Yarn

Danielle made a yarn & ribbon nesting bag for the birds this afternoon. The idea is that the birds will pull various pieces of yarn out to use as they're gathering materials for their nests. We originally put the bag in a tree but decided to move it to the bed on the patio, close to one of our bird feeders. We scattered some yarn in the beds, too, and joked that we were planting yarn. Hopefully the birds will use some of it.







We have had a wonderful spring break so far; however, we've already accomplished everything on my spring break "To Do" list and still have 2 days left! I'm hoping inspiration hits tonight. Today we went ice skating and out to lunch with some friends. We enjoyed the almost 70 degree temps this afternoon until a cold front blew through.

That cold front brought some rain, thunder, and a lot of hail! The hail wasn't huge, but there was a lot of it! I'm glad my car was in the garage!

2 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

I like the nesting bag idea :) When I was a kid, we used to find bird nest made out of hair from my horse's tail!

Wandering Writer said...

Now if that were me, I'd be tempted to take an afghan and set it out where the yarn was "planted"--just for fun ;-)