Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Photo Sundries

With both kids healthy again and Ron back to work, I had a chance to get out and take some pictures today.

This picture isn't the best, but it was a nice bonus. This guy was strolling along the drive in the park. It's a ring-necked pheasant.
















Checking the cupboard...













...found a snack!















Ron bought me some extension tubes for my camera. They work kind of like a macro lens but are less expensive. I wasn't able to take really close-up pictures with my other lenses, so I still had to use my point & shoot camera for those. These tubes make close-up shots with my dslr possible without investing in a $1000+ lens. I'm still learning to use them.


Here is a regular shot of a frost covered picnic table at the park.














Here are a couple pictures of the frost with one of the extension tubes attached to my 18-55mm lens. Pretty cool.






















I don't know why there is a rusty old truck in the woods of my favorite metropark, but I realized I didn't have any pictures of it. Now I do.


5 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Those snowflake pictures are just amazing - both the picture and the flakes themselves. The rusty truck is very interesting, it looks like a veeeeeeery old rusty truck - is it way out in the woods? Why would they leave it there?

Wandering Writer said...

You amaze me. You couldn't be any more professional than if you were getting paid for these shots. Kotomi really enjoyed the close up of the ice crystals on FB but argued that they had to be snowflakes.

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

Thank you for the compliments ladies. I was really happy with how the ice crystals picture turned out. Tyler & Danielle really liked that one, too.

Leah - It is a really old truck, and I have no idea why it's there! It's just always been there. It's not deep in the woods but there are trees grown up all around it. I'm going to a program at that park this weekend. I will have to ask the naturalist if she/he knows!

Lori said...

I found out that the truck is a 1937 chevy that was there when the park acquired the land. They left it there for "nostalgic" reasons.

I knew everyone would want to know. :)