Saturday, July 24, 2010

Summer Fun & VBS

We didn't have time to go to the pool today, but since it was the hottest day of the year, the kids HAD to get in the water at some point. They were content with an hour in the sprinkler. Clara absolutely LOVES the hose and enjoyed playing in the sprinkler, too. (That squeak in the video is my sprayer - I wasn't holding it down all the way because I didn't want to blast her in the face with the full force of the spray.)


















I used my old camera to take pictures of the kids & dog. When I downloaded the pictures, I found some on there that Danielle had taken earlier in the week. I know she was just fooling around, but I thought a couple of them were really cute. Other than changing them to b&w, I didn't do anything else to these.















The kids have been attending vacation Bible school this week at Mamaw's church. The theme was High Seas Voyage. They had such a good time. They were both sad that today was the last day. Tyler took great interest in the penny challenge and was quite pleased that the boys won. They also enjoyed the water games, the crafts (which Mamaw led), the songs and storytime. Well, I guess that's just about everything, isn't it?! After VBS tonight, they had games and a cookout. I loved the way they rationed out the water balloons. In order to get a water balloon, the kids had to walk across a balance beam with a cup of water balanced on their head. When they got to the other side, they were given 1 balloon. They had to cross the beam each time they wanted another balloon. The kids enjoyed earning balloons to throw at Ron. It was a lot of fun. (Thank you, Mamaw.)

1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

Great pictures. So much fun!