Saturday, May 02, 2009

Lego Lost

I have tried very hard to keep close tabs on Clara so she doesn’t chew up anything that’s not hers. So far I've done a pretty good job.

Tyler worked on a rather large Lego project last week, so he left it on the floor in the family room all week. While we were eating dinner the other night, Clara snuck in the family room and grabbed a couple pieces. I realized she was missing rather quickly and caught her in the act. One of the Legos was pretty mauled, but the others were ok. I didn’t think much more of it until this afternoon. I was cleaning up yesterday’s dog piles when I suddenly spotted something red in Clara’s poop. When I scooped it up, I found a bright red Lego piece. I thought it was funny and asked Tyler (jokingly) if he wanted his piece back. He said he did! So, I used a toothpick to pull it out. I plopped it in a dish of soapy water and actually thought about keeping it.

Then I remembered how Tyler sometimes uses his teeth to pull apart the Legos that are hard to get off.

Eewww.

I threw it away.

1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

Tell me, back in those days when you dreamed of being all grown up, a wife and mother, did you ever picture yourself sifting through dog poop? ;-)