Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Danielle's Last Day of Preschool

Today was Danielle's last day of preschool. It's hard to believe that after 5 years of preschool (Tyler ended up going longer than we anticipated) we are finally ending this chapter of lives. It's kind of bittersweet.

I am so amazed at my no-longer-little girl. She loves Jesus, she's kind, she's smart, she's polite, she's tender hearted, and she's beautiful inside and out. Danielle no longer gets lost in Tyler's shadow - she shines all on her own. I don't know how we managed to get blessed with such wonderful, amazing children.

Her class took a field trip to the park today. Tyler got sick to his stomach last night and still seemd a bit queasy this morning, so I kept him home from school. Since Ron was out of town, I had to take him with me to the field trip. Although he didn't have as much energy as normal, he seemed to feel well enough to play without getting sick again.

Tyler wanted me to think he was strong enough to bend the metal with his powerful kick.











Danielle's class, less one little girl who wasn't there today.












Danielle's teacher gave the kids a CD with songs they sang in class this year. We listened to it on the way home from the park. Danielle was so cute singing with the songs. I didn't realize she knew I was taping her, though. I love how she sings "From the earth to the cross, my Dad to pay".

Tomorrow is her preschool graduation. She's pretty excited.

1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

Oh great. Now I'll have that song in my head all day. Maybe I'll have to do the motions too. They are great kids!