Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

It sure is nice being a mom. Both the kids made me homemade gifts at school, which they gave me earlier in the week. I love their creations, but what I enjoy the most is their excitement about giving them to me. They are so proud and so eager to make me happy. And in that moment after they give me their gift, I get to shower them with praise and make them feel like the most important kid ever. How cool is that.


Today I received more gifts from the kids. Apparently the kids had specific items in mind when Ron took them out yesterday. Tyler gave me some Aquaglobes, and Danielle gave me an Upsy Downsy (generic Topsy Turvy). I told you my kids like infomercials!! They also made me cards. There is nothing quite as sweet as a homemade card. It's especially neat to look at how they progress from year to year. I thought it was cute that both kids made my card open backwards this year (not on purpose).


Ron also took the kids to the local grocery store yesterday. On the Saturday before Mother's Day they allow kids to decorate their own cake (if you buy one). To avoid arguments, Ron bought 2 cakes so Tyler & Danielle could each decorate their own. (Thankfully they are single layer cakes.) I loved the cakes, and the kids were so excited about them. They were perfect. It was a good day.






















In other news...


Tyler has been working on his very first school report and project. He had to pick an animal to write about. He had a list of questions to answer and could compile his report based on that. His finger was still splinted when he started working on it, so he typed the whole thing. He really did a good job...one finger at a time. I thought it was cute watching him concentrate so hard and working at the computer, so I snapped a picture. He came up with the idea for his project and did all the work on that, too. It turned out well. The great part is that he's super proud of his work and can't wait to take it in and share it with his class.








2 comments:

Wandering Writer said...

It really turned out nice! Dad is still amazed at the non-blueprint.

Lori said...

And the finished product turned out looking very similar to the non-blueprint!