Saturday, December 06, 2008

Finished Flakes

I have to admit that the snowflakes turned out better than I expected.



We had trouble keeping some of them stuck to the windows, so I resorted to using a glue stick on a couple. I don't think glue sticks hold well anyway. I figured the glue would dry up over time and if it didn't, I could just scrape it off the window. So far that seems to have worked.




What we have most enjoyed about the snowflakes, though, is their color. We used sparkly fabric paint. When we look at the snowflakes from the inside of the house, they look pink. When we look at them from the outside, they look blue. If we look across them, they look purple. They're very pretty. The kids have decided they need to make more for the windows above the door and maybe for the sliding glass doors, too.


For a project that cost $6 (only because I bought 2 bottles of paint to avoid fights), I would consider this a definite success. I can see us doing this again next year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They could make some for Uncle Ron's windows.

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Those are nice! We'll have to try that when Caleb is older. Maybe next year...

Lori said...

Danielle thinks making some for Uncle Ron is a great idea.

The kids' hands cramped up a bit when they were squeezing the paint bottles, so it would probably work better when Caleb's hands are a little bigger & stronger.

Wandering Writer said...

They are so neat!! I love it!!