Friday, July 25, 2008

A Spelling Lesson - Little Rascal Style

In a moment of boredom yesterday, I suggested the kids decorate the playset with some chalk drawings. The only rules were they had to draw in places where the rain would eventually hit and they (Tyler) couldn't write anything bad (like butt). Tyler enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. He immediately got busy making a clubhouse of sorts. He was sick to his stomach this morning, but felt well enough to work on it some more tonight. I thought his spelling was so cute. It reminded me of something from the Little Rascals. (I don't know why he's suddenly making his "s" s backwards.) Here are some pictures of his work, along with my translation, when necessary.

Password (complete with keypad)


Starting on the left: (click on the picture to see it larger)
Get away
Fire escape (pointing to the tunnel slide)
Danger

Equipment



Other News:
The kids were excited to see a hot air balloon near our house this morning. It looked like it was coming in for a landing, but I'm not sure where.

Tyler threw up this morning, so I didn't think he should attend swimming lessons. My brother came to the rescue at the last minute and stayed with him so I could take Danielle. (Thanks, Ron!) Today was the last day of class, although we signed up for more. Danielle's instructor said she's ready to move up to the next class because she's able to swim by herself. (She said she wasn't holding on to her when I took this video.) She doesn't show a lot of confidence in the water yet, though, so we're going to repeat the same class anyway. She was brave, and I'm proud of her.




This picture is for my mom. Princess Danielle and all her babies were relaxing in my mom's (and her sisters') old rocking chair. That's my 96 year old aunt's doll cradle beside her. Of course Danielle doesn't realize the significance of these items, but I think it's kind of cool to imagine my aunt as a 4 year old playing with the doll cradle or my mom rocking her babies in the chair just like Danielle does.

No comments: