Tuesday, July 01, 2008

A Little More This & That

First, here are the finished star shirts. I think they turned out great! The kids are super excited about them. When I first explained the project to Tyler, he told me it was "stupid", but he thinks it looks really "cool" now.











Danielle felt left out when Tyler painted a flower pot for his teacher a few weeks ago, so I bought some extras for her to decorate for some of my plants. She finally got started on one last week and finished it up today. She makes beautiful pictures with lots of colors when she's unprompted, yet when given the chance to decorate a flower pot for me to display, this is what she came up with:

She called it "a box of darkness". Apparently it was night time for the flower. I had to beg & plead to get her to add some color to the guys above the "box of darkness". When she finished the pot up today, I hid the black paint pen.

After working on "homework" this afternoon, we made a special treat for dessert. We dipped bananas in chocolate and then stuck them in the freezer until after dinner. They were very good!

1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Bananas and chocolate...sounds really good! The t-shirts look awesome! We did end up doing a magazine project this week, Caleb has a subscription to "High 5" (Highlights for 2-5 year olds) and it had a great sand art craft that he was able to do with very little help. He was pretty pleased with himself too!