Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Wee Little Man

The best time to talk to Tyler about his day at school is the first 15 minutes after he gets off the bus. After that bits and pieces slowly come out the rest of the day. Danielle’s window of opportunity is usually the first 5 minutes after I pick her up, assuming I remember to turn the tv off before she gets in the van. After that first 5 minutes, she doesn’t usually have much to add until Ron gets home. Then he gets about 2 minutes. Sometimes I catch her singing a song she learned at school while coloring. That’s about all we get out of her.

She was pretty good about telling me about her day today. It’s fun to hear her retell the day’s events from her perspective and without Tyler interrupting. I especially enjoyed this part of our conversation today:

Me: What was your Jesus story about today?

Danielle: It was about zucchini.

Me: Zucchini? I don’t know that story. What was it about?

Danielle: It was about this person who was really really tiny.

Oh! That Zucchini!

1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

That's a keeper to archive!