Saturday, March 22, 2008

Coloring Eggs

The kids enjoyed coloring Easter eggs today. Tyler was much more thoughtful about it this year. He spent a lot of time using the white wax pencil to mark designs on the eggs and a lot of time considering what colors he wanted to use. Danielle is still pretty much in the drop & plop phase.


We made the Easter story cookies before bed tonight. I think a lot of the symbolism is still beyond them, but it was still a good opportunity to talk about the real reason we celebrate Easter.



I worried so much around Christmas about telling the kids the truth about Santa. I thought I was out of the woods for another year once Christmas was past. But, Danielle was so upset tonight because she thought a giant, smiling, furry rabbit (like the one she saw at the mall) was going to come into our house while we were sleeping tonight that I finally pulled her aside and tried to explain that we are really the Easter bunny (but it's our secret). Ron was a little disappointed because he's afraid the kids will figure out the truth about Santa if they know about the Easter bunny. Tyler only guessed what I told Danielle but declared it was simply untrue. After all, "how would we get all that stuff then?" I'm not sure Danielle really understood either. After I told her, she got an excited look on her face, headed to Ron's closet, and said "Where's your bunny suit?"








1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

Didn't she remember the bunny suit I showed her at our house--the one her daddy wore for Halloween one year?