Thursday, March 20, 2008

Paper Mache Eggs, Part II

Although Danielle enjoyed sticking her hands in the paper mache paste the first day, I couldn't convince her to do it again. The eggs just weren't hard enough with one layer of paper, though, so Ron was kind enough to help me put a second layer of paper on the eggs. The situation was pretty funny: I was trying to create a fun, creative activity for the kids yet there sat Ron and I at 9:30 one evening, up to our elbows in flour/water goop! I think we'll save any future paper mache crafts for school art classes.







Anyway, yesterday we put a base coat of paint on the eggs and today we decorated them. The kids enjoyed painting them (and Tyler thought it was really cool when we popped the balloons and pulled them out). Danielle and I also decorated the sliding glass doors with some Easter/spring pictures this afternoon.
















2 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Nice!

Wandering Writer said...

If the eggs hatch, what will come out?