Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Reminiscing

15 years ago

A stolen moment to meet for breakfast before the chaos of the day.

Excitement, anticipation, happiness, curiosity... certainty

My white gown, hanging in the dressing room, just waiting

My large bouquet of beautiful roses

The wedding "hug"

Surrounded by friends and family, celebrating

Escaping together after the chaos of the day

Eating crab legs while waiting for my parents to deliver my birth certificate

Exhausted but happy


Today

Waffles and grape juice for the kids. Did Ron even have breakfast?

Comfortable, satisfied, secure, grateful, happy... still certain

My blue jeans and t-shirt, just waiting for the abuse of messy kids

My red roses, squeals from the kids when they were delivered, and knowing these mean more

Helping with eyedrops for my pink eye, an act of love

Surrounded by children, traveling to doctors' appointments (3 today!) and playing Barbies

Being quiet together after the chaos of the day

Eating take-out together after the kids are in bed

Exhausted but content... and ready for 15 more years together

1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

Beautiful post--lovely words.