Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Dentist

Tonight I had my very first ever cavity filled. Doesn't seem fair to finally have a cavity at 30-something, but I suppose some might argue it doesn't seem fair to not have a cavity until 30-something. Anyway, it wasn't as bad as I'd feared. I know this annoyed Ron, but the numbing stuff worked so well that I honestly didn't even feel the shot. It was a bit alarming when the dentist said things like "Oh my! That's so much bigger than I thought." and "Wow. It's so deep!" But, I survived and now I know how it feels in case I ever need to prepare our kids for this experience. My only real complaint is how gross my tooth feels when I touch it with my tongue. Eeeww.

While I'm discussing "toothy" issues, I have a question. Has anyone really invented a mess-free toothpaste dispenser for kids? I have tried all different kinds of dispensers, but all of them end up too disgusting to touch! Case in point:






Also, if you're taking the time to read this tonight, please take the time to say a little prayer for Tyler. He isn't feeling well tonight and his kindergarten Christmas program is tomorrow. He will be so incredibly disappointed if he's too sick to sing!

1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

:( Those colds have great timing don't they! I hope he feels better tomorrow!