Friday, November 09, 2007

Illnesses, Conferences, & Grades

Just when I thought we were on the upward swing with illnesses, Danielle was pretty sick last night. No need to go into all the details, but after a long night and trip to the doctor today, it turns out she has croup AND strep. So, she has an illness that makes her cough a lot and another that makes her throat very sore (in addition to causing high fever, headache, and vomiting). Not really a good combination. Needless to say, she's pretty miserable.

On a brighter note, we had our very first school (preschool) conference for Danielle last night. In addition to doing well academically, her teacher said "she's a joy to have in class" and is "a role model for the other children because she enjoys learning so much"! I don't think I've ever heard those words at a conference before. :) It was nice.

Tyler brought home his first grade card today. They grade S (satisfactory), U (unsatisfactory), and N (needs improvement). He did very well! He got one U for not knowing the days of the week in order (which I would consider my fault), and an N on "shows respect". I guess it's kind of ironic that I would have to address that issue with my son since I was told something similar once (or twice). Otherwise, he got a bunch of Ss and some nice comments about his academic achievements.

1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Poor Danielle! I hope she feels better soon!