Monday, November 12, 2007

Gift Requests Santa Will Never See

I have been amazed at the Christmas sales the stores are having already. I'm used to seeing Christmas decorations filling store shelves by mid-afternoon on Halloween, but the good bargains are usually saved for the day after Thanksgiving...which is when I typically start my shopping. Thanksgiving is over a week away and I've already made several purchases for fear the items I really want to buy will be sold-out by Thanksgiving.


I think it will be difficult to buy for Tyler this year since he plays with Legos almost exclusively. He's not offering many good ideas. Danielle has circled almost every girly item in The Big Toy Book. Here are some actual items from their wish lists that Santa will never see (or will choose to ignore if he does):


Aquadots - recently recalled because they metabolize into the date rape drug if ingested

Baby Alive Wet & Wiggles - not only does this doll pee, but both genders of the doll are anatomically correct


34" Talking Friendship Adventure Dora - this top heavy, humongous doll has a head as wide as Danielle's torso is long. One reviewer wrote it's ok that the doll is unstable and heavy because "luckily my daughter is strong".


FurReal Friends Squawkers McCaw Parrot - we have enough mimicking and mocking of the human variety. Besides, have you seen this thing?! That's a lot of money for a toy whose batteries would never be replaced!

Moon shoes - once we can master walking without tripping in regular shoes, maybe we can consider the out-of-this-world variety

No comments: