Thursday, October 11, 2007

More of the Mundane

Sorry my posts have been few and far between lately. There really hasn't been too much excitement around here lately, though. Ultimately I guess that's a good thing.

Danielle's ankle is much better. Her bruised ankle is a pale yellow now, and we have to keep reminding her not to run too much, so she's definitely healing.

Tyler had a wonderful weekend by himself with Grandma & Grandpa R. I can tell it was super because his "grandma hangover" was super long. :)

This is National Fire Prevention Week. Tyler's school had some special programs for the kids on Tuesday. He was so excited when he came home. I enjoyed hearing all about the magician and the puppet and all the other things he's going to find so lame in only a few more years. At one point he was telling me about the puppet and was laughing so hard he could barely talk. After detailing his day and teaching Danielle how to "stop, drop, and roll", he pulled out his Legos to demonstrate how to check your bedroom door and crawl out if the smoke detector goes off. He also showed us how a fire fighter would extinguish a tree fire (as pictured). We have discussed our "fire safety plan" with the kids several times, but I was impressed to hear Tyler add very wise additions to our plan (such as being sure every bedroom has a flashlight & whistle for alerting a fireman if you can't escape). Next Tuesday all the kindergarteners are taking a field trip to the local firehouse. My mom is going to watch Danielle so I can go with Tyler's class. I'm looking forward to it.

Danielle seems to be enjoying school, too. I was attempting to clean the playroom up a little this afternoon and overheard her singing a song she sang at school today (He's Got the Whole World in His Hands). I didn't get real close because I didn't want her to know I was taping her, so you may need to turn the volume up before playing the video.


1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

Good grief! She looks like a teenager stretched out on the floor. Where did the babies go?