Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Winter Storm Warning!

Today we've been under a winter storm warning. A couple counties over from us have actually been under blizzard warnings! Since we are all stocked up on groceries and don't have any where we have to be, we've really enjoyed the weather! Before the snow changed to sleet this afternoon, we had 10-12". That's a lot for us! The sleet is compacting the snow some what now, but at least it's not blowing around so much. My only complaint is that I've had to shovel the driveway (3x so far) since Ron is out of town this week.






After shoveling the drive, I just didn't have the energy to pull the kids on the sled. In a stroke of brilliance, in my opinion, I discovered the drive made a perfect sledding hill. By the time I finished the drive, it was covered with a light dusting of snow again, so it was just perfect. The kids had so much fun. Ron questioned my decision to slide them down towards the street; however, not a soul was out. Well, there was one SUV out pulling kids around on a giant tube, but that was it.



Here are some pictures from today. Several of these are earlier in the day, so there's not as much snow yet. (We went out to play twice.)













































































































Before going in, I made a Valentine for the kids. They're still so easy to impress.

1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Looks like fun! We're supposed to have some winter temps this weekend - 40s! brrr! (It really is colder when you're not used to it.)