Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Misbehaving Kids & Giant Bats

We had to run to the store tonight after dinner but the kids were less than agreeable. They misbehaved in the car on the way there and in the store itself. In fact, they were so naughty in the store that I took them back out to the van, seat belted them in their seats, and then stood outside the van to wait for Ron. When Ron returned, he insisted the kids not speak until we got home.

Danielle's seat is behind mine. When Ron drives, he typically rests his hand on the back of my seat. Shortly after Ron's no talking decree, we heard a raspy whisper from behind me:

"Tyler, I got Daddy's fingers with my shoe!"

Ron & I couldn't help but laugh. We tried to keep it quiet, but Danielle wasn't fooled.

She whispered "Tyler, Daddy's laughing now."

Tyler replied, "No he's not Danielle. He wouldn't laugh about something like that."







Tyler's class went on a field trip to a dental office today. I was negligent in returning my permission slip, so we took a field trip to the zoo instead. I would like to say we had a wonderful time. If I had followed my intuition and dressed them in rain boots, it might have been a little better. It was nice to get out, though. Our zoo has a relatively new exhibit that includes the largest bats I've ever seen (flying foxes). They are amazing in a creepy sort of way. Here are some pictures from our day:


































1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Wow - those are creepy bats!