Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sick Days

You may have noticed there's been a lull in my posts lately. I've been taking a couple sick days.

A week ago Friday Tyler complained of a headache. The next morning he woke up with a temperature of 103.7! At his pediatrician's suggestion, we visited the Urgent Care last Sunday, where the doctor on call declared "there's nothing wrong with him". His fever went up and down for 3 days. Dr. Mom has since self diagnosed his symptoms to be the flu. This Friday was the first day he really started to act like he felt better. But when one child gets it, chances are they both will...and mom, too.

Danielle had the sniffles last week, so at first I thought she started all this; however, this Friday she started to complain she wasn't feeling well. She woke up yesterday with a fever of 102. It fluctuated up and day all day today, and if history repeats itself, it will tomorrow as well. So we have another week of illness to look forward to.

And, as expected, I was sick, too. Our mini-epidemic spread to me last Monday. Today is the first day I've felt remotely human. Usually mom has to muscle through the illness to care for everyone else, but this really knocked me out. I could barely get us all dressed (there are a couple days I didn't even try), there was no way any "work" was going to be accomplished. The house is a mess, the cupboards are bare, and my sick day allotment is running out. I'm so glad Ron was home this week to lend a hand (i.e. bring us food). Hopefully this will be a better week, and I'll have more entertaining stories to share.

No comments: