Sunday, September 17, 2006

Today's Memorable Moments

We went for a walk in the woods today to collect buckeyes and then to a pond so the kids could fish. We found several rotten buckeyes, but only 4 good ones. We had a nice walk, though, and enjoyed the beautiful day. After our walk we drove to a park with a pond so the kids could fish. Tyler has wanted to go all summer, but we just haven't made the time. They fished and threw bread to the minnows. Tyler caught 2 fish, and Danielle caught one. It was a beautiful day, and we had a very nice time.

On our way to the woods, Ron was joking about needing a GPS unit. At one point he said, "Don't have a GPS do you?" Danielle must not have overheard our conversation correctly. She said, "Yeah!" Ron replied, "You do?" She said, "Yeah! I love Jesus."(She must have thought he said "Jesus" instead of "GPS".) Very cute mistake.

Later this afternoon Danielle asked to have a couple marshmallows for a snack. After a couple minutes of quiet, she walked past me and commented, "I don't like that picture of me." (Yesterday I put our most recent picture of Danielle in a frame and temporarily leaned it against the wall in the family room.) I turned to look at the picture and discovered she had stuck marshmallows on both eyes.

Although we had a lot of fun today, my "memorable moment" for the day came at a most unlikely time. Tyler's tummy was a little upset today and he had a small accident this afternoon. He was bothered by it. I helped clean him up and got him some fresh clothes. As I was helping him get his clothes back on, he said, "I love you, Mom. You always know just what to do."




No comments: