Tuesday, August 21, 2018

School Year's Eve

Tomorrow is the day we've all been trying not to think about since May 24 - our 1st day back to school. We had a really good summer. We always do. I'm so grateful to have a job that allows me to be home when the kids are home. At dinner tonight we talked about our summer highlights. Both kids said church camp stuck out as their most favorite. They also said hanging out with their cousins a couple weeks ago was a highlight. Tyler also mentioned his dive trip. There were a lot of things I enjoyed, but mostly it was just having time to be together.


 




 
 








We all have high hopes for this school year. We always do. :) I hope both kids grow in their relationship with Jesus this year. I hope they're kind to others and each other. I hope they stay safe both physically and emotionally. High school is hard. I hope they don't feel too stressed but just enough to learn how to function. I hope they go to bed on time, pack their own lunches, and get their homework done before dinner time (ha!). I'm excited about halftime shows during football games, band shows, softball games, and spring break. I hope I remember to be kind even when I'm tired and the kids at school are less than deserving. So many school kids have to deal with issues that we can't imagine. I don't want to lose sight of that. We have lots of hopes.

I suppose my most immediate hope, though, is that I don't oversleep. I haven't seen 5:30am for several weeks.

No comments: