Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Along the Way

I have been trying to walk a lot lately. My favorite places to go are our nearby metroparks. We have such a nice park system. The sun is setting earlier and earlier, and before long it will be too cold to do much walking outside, but I am enjoying the summer evenings as much as possible while I can.

One reason I love to walk at the metropark is because there are so many distractions along the way that's it's easy to walk farther than you realize: the flowers blooming in the prairies, the butterflies, the birds, the baby turkeys waddling after mom & dad, the turtles in the wetland, the clouds changing color as the sun sinks lower, the deer...I could go on and on. I especially enjoy counting the deer every evening. I saw 10 one evening last week. That was my highest. It doesn't matter how many I see, I have to stop and look at them every time. I don't understand why everyone else just keeps on walking. Those little spotted fawns following their mama are too cute not to enjoy for a minute.

I don't take my camera with me because it's too heavy, but I've taken a lot of cell phone pictures and videos this summer. I thought I would start sharing some of the things I see along the way.

I was a little later than usual getting to the park yesterday evening. By the time I finished my walk, the bats were performing their acrobatics. I enjoy watching them, even when they fly right at my camera.


The clouds were pretty last night, too.

No comments: