Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Day 1, In the Books

We made it. Everyone had a good day. You can about count on the 1st day and the last day being good. It's the 178 days in between that are up for grabs.

Here are my way too grown up kids on their first day of 11th & 9th grades.


 


For the past 4 years I've taken a back to school picture with one of the kids in my kitchen at work. Sadly, neither of them are in my building this year, but they let me get a selfie with both of them before school instead. I do think they enjoy being in the same building again.

The back to school cake. It usually stresses me out. I realized this year I only have this one and one other while Tyler is still home, so I didn't complain at all. In a few years I will wish I was stressing about what kind of cake to make for their first day. So here is this year's:


Hopefully it's obvious that it's a scoreboard. This one is in anticipation of Danielle playing high school softball. We are excited for the opportunity. The kids' grades are the scores. Of course the home team has to have more runs. 3 balls and 2 strikes because Danielle usually hits the first pitch or takes it to a full count. There are 2 outs because it seems like there are always 2 outs when she's up. I think every parent would say that's how it feels when their kid is up! The inning was kind of random. I had a very hard time keeping my hand steady enough to write on the cake this year. I'll have to think of something that doesn't include writing for next year's cake!! The kids really liked it. It was pretty yummy, too.

Bring on day 2.

No comments: