Tuesday, February 21, 2017

School Ball Practice

Although Danielle pretty much practices softball year round, today was the first practice for the school softball team. I'll be honest, we don't have high hopes for the school team. There are a lot of players on there that haven't played too much, and who knows how good the teams we face will be. What we do have high hopes for is that school ball will be relaxed and fun. Tonight's first practice was exactly that for Danielle. She was so excited about playing tonight. She got to play with her school friends, and they got to play outside because the weather was so nice. She had a really good time. Hopefully it will continue. Practices are only 3 days a week, so she's hoping she'll have time to fit track in, too. I'm kind of doubtful that will fit into the schedule along with club volleyball, but we'll let her figure that out in a few weeks. (School track hasn't started yet.)

I took this picture of Danielle before she left for practice today. It made me decide to look back for some pictures of her before her first ever practice. Here are some of those, too.

1st school ball practice, Feb. 2017
 
First tball practice, April 2009.


First tball game, May 2009

 
 

First tball practice of the season, April 2010








 


Sometimes I feel like I'm in the way with my camera, but I've never regretted having pictures to look back at. In fact, more times than not, I'm disappointed I didn't take more.

No comments: