Wednesday, February 22, 2017

At the Park

I enjoyed some time at the park with my mom this week. The weather didn't do exactly what the weatherman said it would do the day we went out, but it was still a nice temperature. It was a little damp, but damp isn't all bad. I thought this rain drop covered spider web was pretty, although the pictures aren't quite as sharp as I'd like.



We counted 9 frogs sitting on this little reed covered log. It's not unusual for tiny spring peepers to be out early, but it's way too early for these guys.


We saw some birds, chipmunks, and super fat squirrels when we were out, too. Some of the migrating birds like the killdeer and red winged blackbirds have made their way back already. There was a lot of bird song in the air.

Hairy woodpecker at the bottom & a downy woodpecker at the top


I like how this flicker's red feathers make a perfect heart!

Eastern bluebird checking out the housing market
We had a nice day.

No comments: