Friday, September 18, 2015

This & That

I saw this in the store the other day and thought it was disgusting. Not sure why...it just sounds gross.

Last night we had a nice dinner out with my aunt and her friend, who are visiting from out of state.

In other news:

We found out tonight that Danielle made the travel basketball team. Yay!

The owner of the volleyball club where Danielle is playing in the fall league stopped her tonight and told her she should try out for their 13u nationals team. This is definitely a step up from where she's currently playing, so it was quite a compliment. She was pretty excited. It's terribly expensive, so I'm not sure she'll do it, but it's always nice to be pursued. She may try out just to see if she can make it.  If she wants to play in college, at some point she will need to make the move to a national team. I'm just not sure it's time for that yet. We'll see.

Tyler ran for student council. I don't know if he made it yet or not, but it's a big deal that he even cared enough to give it a shot. He also started attending a prayer breakfast before school on Wednesday mornings. I am often amazed at just how well adjusted and confident he is (or appears to be) in who he is. It takes some people a lifetime to learn that. I can't believe he'll be 14 in just a couple days, but at the same time, he seems so much older and always has.

No comments: