Sunday, February 22, 2015

Snow Birds

The birds were busy during our snowfall yesterday. All the activity caught the attention of one of our hawks, but his time he left with a full belly. I always wonder if the squirrel in the nest in our tree gets a little nervous when the hawk lands on the branch beside his leaf pile. The squirrel did come out for a few minutes the other day. He ran to our dead tree, collected a mouth full of bark, then ran back into his nest. I figured he must have needed an extra blanket since it was so cold.
 
White breasted nuthatch



Carolina wren

There's a bird bath down in that pit of snow.


Downy woodpecker

House finch


If I squint, I can almost imagine these are beach chairs in the sand.
I'm ready for spring. I'm tired of taking pictures through the windows.

No comments: