Monday, February 16, 2015

More Snow

We got a little snow right around the time school got out this afternoon.

Unfortunately, the snowflakes weren't "picture perfect" until the potatoes started boiling for dinner and the kids were weak with hunger. (Not too weak to complain, however.) I've been doing some research on modifying my equipment to take closer macro shots and wanted to try it out. I only had time for a few pictures before the potatoes turned to mush, but I think I'm on the right track.

I was focusing on the snowflake at the bottom left that looks like a flower, but I wish I would have focused more on the one at the top. I didn't touch up the color or use a flash. I have a couple other pictures from different angles that include that snowflake, and you can see the pink center in each one.

No comments: