Sunday, September 21, 2014

Tyler's Birthday Cake

Today was Tyler's 13th birthday. I will probably have a couple birthday posts, but I wanted to share his birthday cake in this one.

Danielle and I made all the decorations out of edible clay, although the clay isn't really very tasty. (In small nibbles it tastes marshmallowy.) I worked on it all week, and just couldn't bring myself to put candles in it. I made two 9" rounds and a sheet cake, but only used one 9" round in the diver cake. I slapped some leftover icing on the extra 9" round & used that for the candles.








These are a couple of Danielle's creations.

I stored the cake in the fridge until after dinner. He didn't peek.

The big reveal.

Happy 13th birthday!

1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Love it! The diver's hair is the best :) And Danielle's crab is too cute!