Friday, January 03, 2014

Snow Day(s)!

A couple years ago we were praying for a snow day, or at a minimum, a 2 hour delay. Just something! We had snow days yesterday and today, so we have now used 4 of our 5 calamity days. I have a feeling we're going to be adding some days on to the end of our school year.

Danielle played outside with her friends for a little while yesterday afternoon. It was just too cold to stay out for long, and today was even worse. Tyler opted out of the snowy fun this time. I posted Clara's snow day picture yesterday.


Shooting hoops, snow day style.


The birds were in a feeding frenzy while the snow was coming down - I had 16 different species of birds visit my feeders just yesterday.

My seed raccoon took quite a beating yesterday. My favorite visitor was this cute little Carolina wren. He couldn't decide if he wanted the raccoon or the seed in the window feeder, which is what he was looking at in the last picture.



I took advantage of today's snow day and visited the park for an hour. I caught this guy coming in for a landing. It's a male golden crowned kinglet, and he did not sit still for very long!! I don't blame him. The temps didn't get above 10 degrees today. I didn't stand still for very long either!

They are calling for more snow and below zero temperatures next week, so we'll see how many more snow days we end up using.

No comments: