Tuesday, September 10, 2013

More Garden Visitors


I was sitting outside for a few minutes one afternoon in that short break I get between getting off work and picking Tyler up from school, when this guy caught my eye. The sun hit him just right and his wings just sparkled. I think it's some type of fly.


I bought a different kind of milkweed this year and the milkweed bugs LOVE it. This type of milkweed doesn't seem to attract aphids like the other kind did, but the milkweed bugs are out of control. I don't think I'll plant this kind again. Here is a milkweed bug molting from its nymph stage.
 
 
This grasshopper didn't escape the hose when I watered my flowers the other day.


I was sitting outside again this afternoon when this carpenter bee caught my eye. I have taken pictures of lots of bees, but their eyes are always black, even in the bright sun. I don't know what's going on with this guy's eyes, but I thought he was pretty cool.




No comments: