Thursday, July 18, 2013

More Fishing Fun

Our 2nd fishing trip was in the late afternoon. The boat was even less crowded, most of the crew was the same, they remembered the kids by name, and the fishing was just as good. As a bonus, we got to see the harbor seals sunning themselves on Egg Rock Island and watch the sunset over the bay. Although this trip was different, it was just as great. We all caught a ton of fish, including a couple cod. Once again I caught the largest fish on the trip - 2 cod fish each just under 19". We had a super time. I am so thankful for the discount tickets. Although I feel that both tours were well worth the full ticket prices, we certainly wouldn't have been able to go twice if we were paying full fare. Hats off to Captain Matt, Diane, Chuck, Dennis, & May for a wonderful experience on the Islander! These pictures are from our 2nd trip.

 

My 1st cod fish





It flipped it's tail, which prompted this reaction.
She gave me permission to post this pic as long as I posted the one she took of me on our first trip...
I was admiring his teeth.
Black guillemot with a rock blenny


Harbor seals...lots of them!





 


Egg Rock Island Lighthouse


 

Watching the sea smoke on the water



 

2 comments:

Wandering Writer said...

Beautiful pictures! So happy for all your wonderful experiences. Just need to stop bragging about how big your fish were. You sound too much like one of the guys :-)

Lori said...

We had a contest going on, and if you can't catch the most fish, you certainly brag about catching the biggest!