Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Winner!

Today we had the pleasure of attending another handwriting award ceremony at the elementary school!


Danielle's teacher contacted us last week so we could make plans to attend the assembly. We were not allowed to let her know she had won, though. She was so excited about the contest, that it was a little more difficult to keep the secret from her than it was from Tyler. She asked me several times if the school had called. Thankfully they had emailed, so that was an easy question to answer. In a last ditch effort to figure out if we had been contacted she said, "I know you're not supposed to tell me if I won, so I just want you to tell me if I should be more excited or less excited." We must have played our roles well because she was convinced when I dropped her off this morning that she hadn't won.


This was her expression when she walked in to the assembly and saw us sitting there. It was so worth the effort of keeping it from her!











She came in 2nd place for the 2nd grade girls and was pretty proud of herself. We are proud, too.

No comments: