Monday, December 13, 2010

Saying Good-Bye

On Thursday we said good-bye to our dog Hunter.

She was 13, which is pretty old for a golden retriever. We had her for 11 years. We adopted her from a home breeder who decided she wouldn't be good for breeding. We picked an older dog so we wouldn't have to worry about training a puppy. A few days after bringing Hunter home, I began to suspect she was pregnant. When I took her in to have her spayed, I had them xray her first. I was so glad I did! She had 7 puppies in there! That turned out to be quite an adventure.


It seems kind of silly to get so emotional over a dog, but anyone who has ever loved a pet knows they become more than just an animal. She was a good dog, and we will miss her.

1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

It does not seem silly to me at all! I feel sad and I hardly knew her. All my life, dogs have been part of my family - I still have a horrible memory of the day my brother's little dog died.