Friday, August 20, 2010

Wrapping It Up

We are wrapping up our final week of summer vacation. We finished off the week with a trip to the metropark to catch butterflies & frogs, a trip to the "inflatables place", another trip to the pool, and another trip to the water park. We were too tired to make it to the evening program at the metropark, and it's supposed to rain tomorrow so the balloon festival probably won't happen, but we managed to pack a lot into this week!! I am tired!



Here are a few pictures from this week. I didn't take my camera to the pool on Thursday, and, wouldn't it figure, that's the day Tyler decided to try the high dive. He loved it. I just wish he would have discovered it earlier in the season! My brother went with us to the water park today and took Tyler around to all the water slides.



















































































Now we're looking ahead to school starting. The kids voted to spend their last day at home, so that's what we're doing on Monday. Monday evening the kids get to take their supplies in and meet their teachers, although both kids already know theirs. Afterward, we're looking forward to our annual back-to-school ice cream bash with some of our good neighbor-friends.










This is totally unrelated, but here are a couple more caterpillar pictures. The caterpillars are HUGE! They are now as long as my pinky finger and very fat! The ones we keep inside never get that large. We counted 12 of them the other day. They are so big, I'm sure they will be making their chryalises soon. Hopefully they won't wander too far when they do.






























And...does anyone notice anything wrong with this last picture. It's supposed to be of a hummingbird (not his ghost). You'd think that after 8 months I would have figured out my camera a little better. Oh well. I thought this was kind of funny.

2 comments:

Wandering Writer said...

Ah, the spirit of the hummingbird, captured for posterity. Neat.

Lori said...

Well, it would have been neater if I hadn't screwed up the shutter speed. So much to learn...