Sunday, August 08, 2010

Growing Up

Today was Danielle's 7th birthday. I don't know what was so special about this birthday, but she has been talking about it since April! The past couple weeks she was super excited about going to Sweet & Sassy for a little pampering. She is such a girly-girl. After talking to our neighbor who took her daughter there on her birthday, I knew I needed to take Danielle. I'm so glad I did. She LOVED it! Here are a few pictures.























































































She opened her other presents this afternoon. She really wanted an American Girl book called Pom-Pom Pets. It's basically an overpriced craft book, but it is very cute and nicely put together. And I had a coupon for 33% off. She had a lot of fun learning to make pom-poms - even Ron & Tyler joined in the fun. She was really pleased with her pom-pom chick.

















































Danielle also asked for silly string for her birthday because she had so much fun playing with it on the 4th of July. I found some at the $1 store, and the kids enjoyed their silly string war (which is why Danielle did a wardrobe change).


































Other than chocolate, Danielle was very vague about what kind of cake she wanted this year. I found plans for this horse and thought it looked easy enough to make. I feared it looked more like the Democrat donkey while I was putting it together, but adding the mane made her look more horselike. (Danielle said it's a girl since it has eyelashes.) I think Danielle liked it, although she didn't really say much. Tyler thought it was pretty cool when he snuck a peek last night.




















Earlier this week Tyler "accidentally" bopped Danielle in the mouth, significantly loosening an already loose front tooth. Now it's just hanging by one side and sticks out kind of funny. She thinks she looks like a witch, but it didn't stop her from grinning most of the day today. And even with that snaggletooth, I think she's the most beautiful - inside & out - 7 year old I know.

2 comments:

Wandering Writer said...

I agree. She is quite a young lady.

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

She is looking so grown up! Happy Birthday Danielle!