Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Danielle's Christmas Program

Danielle had her Christmas program today.


She was so excited this morning and took her duty quite seriously. Ron was supposed to be taping her, too, so I wasn't quite as diligent about starting the video on time. (Ron's video didn't turn out, though.)


She did such a nice job, and she looked so pretty. Personally, I love the dirty knees. Somehow it makes her look even cuter. I also enjoyed watching her bop around with her little friends afterward. She is such a neat kid.
















Danielle & her teacher.









I stopped by Tyler's class before leaving and saw some papers hanging outside the door that the kids had completed after watching The Polar Express last week. The kids pieced together parts of the story in the proper order. The last paper glued in place says "Though the boy grew up, the bell still rang for him, as it does for all those who believe."


What I liked best was what Tyler wrote after his name: "Tyler R (who also believes in Santa)". He whispered to me, "I wrote that in case Santa sneaks in the school some time and sees this."


As rotten as he is sometimes, I sure do love him.

4 comments:

Wandering Writer said...

I like the way Danielle holds that baby. Thanks for posting!

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Very cute! Does Danielle go to a public school? I couldn't understand all the words in the baby song. Also, I was impressed with all the artwork on their walls!

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

It is a public school, and they were singing about baby Jesus. We live in a small, conservative, rural town...and it's wonderful. In "fairness" to all, one class sang about Hanukah and one class sang about Kwanza. They also sang about Santa. Fortunately Danielle's class got to sing about Jesus. Even though they "covered" the other seasonal holidays, I don't take it for granted that they were able to sing about Jesus. Someone some day will make an issue out of it and that part of the program will be eliminated, but for now, I'm glad it was included.