Thursday, June 18, 2009

VBS & a Couple Other Things

Danielle has been attending vacation Bible school at her former preschool this week. This year's theme is Crocodile Dock. She has been bringing her friend, and has had a pretty good week. This evening was her program. They did it a little different this year and offered pizza, pop, chips, and a craft in addition to the songs. I am always amazed that Bible school is a free event. It must cost churches a fortune to put on a good Bible school, as her preschool has all 3 years we've attended. Kudos to them for doing such a great job and for keeping it free!

I had a very difficult time getting a decent video of Danielle because there were so many kids all crowded together. Their main song this year is a modified version of I Get Down by Audio Adrenaline. During those years of blaring Audio Adrenaline with the youth group, I never would have guessed my 5 year old would be singing and dancing to their music. The craft tonight was stuffing these comfort critters. They're shaped like turtles and say "God Cares" on them. We finished ours at home.











Here are a couple other random things:

Tyler complained tonight of his gums hurting. I looked and was surprised to find 3 erupting molars. Apparently these are his 6 year molars, which are his first set of permanent molars. I guess I kind of forgot about those. He really is growing up.


One day last week Tyler took a few minutes to read a couple of Danielle's library books to her. When he is in the right mood, it's fun to have him read to us because he enjoys using different voices. The voices don't match the person, though. For example, if the character is a little girl, he'll make her talk with a deep, booming voice. That usually makes us all laugh so much that we miss the story, though. The kids are participating in summer reading programs at 2 different libraries this summer. Tyler has almost completed both summer reading sheets, though, and it's still June!

And this is my violet. Isn't it beautiful? This was from my grandmother's funeral a little over a year ago. My grandma used to buy each of the grandkids a flower for Mother's Day each year. I remember getting violets. If I managed to keep mine alive, they rarely bloomed. I had one that bloomed once, only after I fertilized it, and I was so excited. For some reason, this one has thrived and has been blooming beautifully for a few months now. I think of my grandma and smile every time I look at it.


Tyler has been enjoying Camp Invention this week. They had messy hair day earlier this week. His inventor's showcase is tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have a few pictures to add.

1 comment:

Wandering Writer said...

Fun week.

If your violet is thriving be sure to keep it in the same place you have been. Mine found a spot once and did well as lon as I didn't move them. The blue in the picture is beautiful.